Thursday, April 30, 2015

Whole30 Day 30: Checker flag flying

YOU GUYS.

We made it! Holy cow! I can't believe the month is over. This has been such an adventure. Such a learning experience- and I honestly couldn't have done it without the support I've gotten from family, friends, and honestly, this blog. In my moments of weakness (or laziness) all I needed to remember was that I was going to tell you all all about it and that kept me on plan. So THANK YOU for reading this, whoever you are.

This journey, however, isn't over. Over then next ten days or so, I will start to reintegrate foods back into my diet. I start tomorrow with beans and legumes. I hope you'll stick with me as I go through that too. And of course, I'm sure you all want to tune in to see what the final stats were on pounds and inches lost!

One of the unexpected joys of this journey was using this blog again. I'd forgotten how nice it was to use this space! If you're using my facebook links to get here every night, I would encourage you to subscribe at this point. I will be continuing to blog as frequently as I can (although my topics will certainly expand!) but I don't know that I will always post about it on facebook. So those of you who have enjoyed this journey, I hope you'll continue to check in now and then!

Today was another really good day. I've apparently had plenty of fiber in the last few days, but my stomach wasn't upset at all. I did have a few moments of a sharp headache pain about midmorning, but that was gone within about 20 minutes. After work and a walk, Penny and I did lay down for about 20 minutes, so no kettlebells today, but that was interesting too. I love to take naps. I'm a good napper- if I have 2 hours. I'm not good at the 20 minute power nap. Or I wasn't. I set an alarm, and after 20 or so minutes, I got up. I didn't really WANT to get up, but I did, and I wasn't groggy or grumpy, nor did I have a headache or feel sick like I used to after a nap.  And then I had tons of energy to get me through my rehearsal this evening. Pretty cool, right?

Meal 1: banana nut breakfast porridge & hardboiled egg

Meal 2: baked potato with leftover stuffed pepper filling, salsa & guacamole

Meal 3: really random tonight... some olives, two slices prosciutto, a few black berries, a few raspberries, a banana, 2 hard boiled eggs and the last of the pepper filling wrapped up in a lettuce wrap. All very tasty- I'm calling it a Paleo Lincoln Special (family tradition similar to a home made lunchable)

Well, friends, that's all for now- I hope you'll stick with me in life after my whole30!

Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment