Saturday, April 25, 2015

Whole30 Day 25: speeding through

Only 5 more days!

I'm starting to think more and more about life after the Whole30. There's no doubt that this experience has changed the way I think about food. How could it not? And while I'm looking forward to having some more freedom, that's more for the convenience of it then missing those foods- I don't even miss the texture of bread or crackers anymore. And I certainly don't miss feeling bloated, like I tried to eat cement mix or sleepy after meals. On the other hand, I DO miss the sociability of food- and drinks. It will be nice to be able to go out after a show, or grab dinner with a friend. And I AM looking forward to occasional ice cream. However, I have no desire to eat crappy versions of any of those treats. If I'm going to get ice cream, it's going to be the good stuff, you know? No more McDonalds soft serve that really doesn't taste like much.

Physically, I feel really good. It was a long long day today, but I didn't even feel like I needed a break from it. Now that it's bed time, I'm exhausted, but not until I stopped moving!


Meal 1: 2 egg omelet with green pepper, onion and mushroom, plus a spoonful of guacamole and a spoonful of salsa. (SO good. Looking forward to another one tomorrow!)

Meal 2: At momma's! She made mini meatloaves with turkey, beef, zucchini & carrot. They were delicious! Also a bunch of snap peas.

Meal 3: Hot Head Classic. Tonight was hard- I was working, and the school was providing pizza, which of course, is a definite no-no. But honestly, it didn't really look all that great, and my hot head bowl of compliant foods tastes like a treat, so it all worked out!


Tomorrow is crazy too, but hopefully it will be productive too. There's still a lot to do in this apartment, but I guess we'll get it out of the way eventually. Oh! And show 1/3 was tonight, so that's one out of the way- yay! On to numbers 2 and 3- hopefully they are just as smooth!

Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment