Friday, April 3, 2015

Whole30 Day 3: Heading into the first turn

Well, here we are again, another successful day of my Whole30! Today, I had a MUCH longed for day off work. And not only off work, but I did a minimum of freelance work. I haven't had a complete day off in months- early February? Late January? Anywho, I at least got the entire morning with absolutely no work, which was great. I slept.

Penelope woke me up about 8:30, and when we came home from our walk, I grabbed breakfast, and when I was done with it, I went back to bed and slept until 11:30. I made some lists, did the stack of dishes, cleaned up my apartment, and then sat down and did a small amount of work. I then left the house, Penelope in tow, and drove to see my brand spanking new almost-niece! She is simply beautiful, and her momma is doing great. Love it that such wonderful things are happening to my friends! Then I went and had family dinner tonight with my mom and her beau, my aunt and my grandmother. My aunt cooked, and they were so so sweet and supportive about this! My aunt very carefully cooked things so that I had plenty to eat, and it was all SO delicious.

I'm still in a really great mood- no crankiness at all, and I have pretty good energy. I mean, I slept most of the morning, but I think that had more to do with pushing myself too hard than with food. In short, everything seems pretty great right now. I did, this afternoon, kind of wish for a snack of some kind, but I dismissed it quickly, without much thought. Yay!

Here's today's food log:

Meal 1: Leftover pork patty and banana. Not a great combination. I think the pork made the banana taste a little weird. And I probably should have had some veggies with it, but I just couldn't stomach salad at 9:00 am. I should have roasted some sunchokes or something, but well, I didn't. Oh well.

Snack: Handful of almonds

Meal 2: Since I slept so long, I didn't really find myself hungry at meal time. So when I got to the hospital about three, I ate 2 hard boiled eggs and a baggie of strawberries. Again, should have had veggies, but didn't have anything prepped. Need to make that happen for this next week when I prepare for the work week.

Meal 3: Baked porkchop with roasted butternut squash, spinach salad with sunflower seeds, red onion, apple & olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Cut up strawberries, blueberries and pineapple for dessert. This was SO tasty!! I need to get a broiler pan, what a great substitute for some things since I don't have access to a grill. And I'm not usually a huge fan of squash, but this was DELICIOUS! A little goes a long way, in my opinion, so one serving was exactly the right amount. The Sunflower seeds I wasn't totally sure about, but decided they were probably safe, and I ate around a lot of them as I don't much care for the flavor anyway.

All in all, another great day. You know, the best part about this is that I can eat as much of anything as I want, as long as it's compliant. I was just telling a friend today that I really CANNOT count calories or points, or whatever, but this, I just eat until I'm full, which happens quickly because I'm not stuffed full of crap. AND best of all, I stay full for several hours. I'm telling you, this better get hard or I'm really not going to see why people think it is so difficult to get through!

until next time~
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment