Friday, April 24, 2015

Whole30 Day 24: speeding into turn four

YOU GUYS. This was the last Friday of my whole30! I made a grocery list AND IT INCLUDES A CAN OF BLACK BEANS!

I really can't believe it.

Today was, really, a rather quiet day. Went to work, ran a few errands, came home, made some AWESOME dinner, walked my dog, watched a little tv, made a to do list for the weekend... (can we just say woof in advance, cause... yeah...) and bed early.

And then I found out one of my co workers is in labor, so that's pretty exciting!

So let's see. I feel pretty good. Solid, sustained energy, good mental clarity. I feel pretty strong- I did the kettlebell circuit tonight too and I'm really liking that. Might need to up reps soon!

However, I must admit that I am NOT being as productive as I would like! Definitely need to work on using my extra energy to get some work done! Ah well... I've made a good list for the weekend, so now we'll see if I can follow a schedule.

Today:

Meal 1: Breakfast nut porridge. I was out of hardboiled eggs, so I skipped that. And I was a little bit hungry at about 10:30, but I powered through until 12 when I had...

Meal 2: THE LAST OF THE CABBAGE ROLLS woo! And a grapefruit. I still think it's funny that I can now peel and eat a grapefruit like you do an orange. I grew up on those in FFA boxes at my grandparents... but sliced in half and COVERED in sugar.

Meal 3: Stay with me now... Mexican "meatza". So I was busily thinking fondly of mexican food, so I googled "whole30 mexican recipes" and this popped up. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so I went for it.

Here's what I did:

1 pound ground pork
2 teaspoonss chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Garlic salt to taste

salsa
guacamole
green pepper
mushrooms
onion
lemon or lime juice


Mix the first set of ingredients together well. I used my hands, which was effective, but turned my hands orange.  Divide the meat into two halves. Press each half into the bottom of a pie pan and bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, but leave oven on. Ditch the grease and let the meat crusts cool for a few more minutes while you finish your kettlebell circuit.

Remove crusts from pans and place on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil. Spread a couple of large spoonfuls of salsa on each, and then top with thinly sliced veggies. Or fruit, I guess. ( I love pineapple on pizza. And burgers) Really, if you think it goes with tacos and would be good with meat... it's a go. REturn to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the veggies get soft but not soggy.

Remove from oven, top with a squirt of citrus juice, some fresh cilantro if you're fancy, and a spoonful of guacamole. Eat up!

I thought this was pretty easy and very tasty- totally repeatable! It does make me feel a little like a bro-y frat boy or something... I mean, really... a MEAT CRUST?! But it is tasty... and I bet with some adjustments this would make a great italian style meatza too.

Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment