Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whole30 Day 26: coming out of corner four

FOUR MORE DAYS! Crazy. But can I make one thing clear? I am NOT just going back to my old habits after this. I'm excited to be able to make some different (more) choices. Things like paleo-fied baked goods, a little sweetener or a treat now and then, but I don't think I'm going all the way back any time soon. If ever. Most days, especially if I have control over all of my meals, this doesn't bother me at all, and I know I'd only get better at finding recipes. But some days, like today, as we'll soon find out, this is just... inconvenient, and I'm looking forward to being able to choose a salad with balsamic dressing and a small amount of cheese without having to worry about it too much.

Because today was SUPER busy. I got up early, went for my walk with Penelope, and got down to the business of cleaning house. I got my place about half done before I had to get ready to leave. I drove an hour to see a dear, dear friend in a show (as a surprise, which was AWESOME), talked with him for nowhere near long enough afterward, drove home, and went back to cleaning. Then, just as I was almost done with the dishes, my bluetooth speaker flipped out, making the loudest, most OBNOXIOUS noise. Eventually, with a phone call to Dad underway, it turned itself off, because nothing was working to get it to shut up. Then I finished the dishes, took Penelope for our evening ramble, and here we are!

I had a headache for a lot of today, which I think comes from several combined factors. I did a lot of driving today for one, and then I sat in front of a VERY loud stage for two hours (which is the root of this I'm pretty sure), drove home facing west at 6pm (not so good on eyeballs...) and then dealt with a screeching speaker for a solid 30 minutes. So no surprise about the headache, I'm sure! I'm also breaking out a bit- 2 on my chin and one coming in on my mid back. The one on my back is the most annoying (the other two could be a problem of my laziness in removing makeup). However, it could be due to some hormones being weird in my body this week too. But I've been in a pretty great mood all day, thinking clearly, no afternoon slump. So that's pretty great!

Meal 1: 2 egg omelet with red onion, green pepper, salsa & guacamole

Meal 2: This got... tricky. The theatre is a dinner/lunch theatre, but there was not one thing on the menu that was compliant. No, not even the salads. My server was very nice and super helpful and I ended up with a side salad of lettuce, onion, tomato and green pepper, topped with a little beef tenderloin. It was very tasty, but not very filling. So when I left the theatre, I immediately went and found meal 3 at the nearby Kroger.

Meal 3: Chicken leg & quarter (baked), fresh broccoli & cauliflower, mixed berries. I ate this about 5:30 because I was SO hungry after a too-small lunch. Which led to a 7 pm...

Snack: dried green beans with guacamole- a surprisingly tasty combination! The green beans have a good crisp crunch, which is so nice!

Hey, a quick note. I know I'm eating way more fruit than Dallas and Melissa would probably prefer. But ya know, I just feel like that's my line in the sand and I'm sticking to it. I eat my veggies pretty well and I do like them very much, but all nutritional values being equal, I could eat nothing but fruit for the rest of my days and die happy. So I'm letting that be alright. Just so we're all on the same page!

Until next time~
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Are you getting the dragon wings or just plain breakout? And where do you get dried green beans? I think I want some. Congrats- you are doing amazingly!!!!

    ReplyDelete