Monday, April 6, 2015

Whole30 day 6: Don't get lapped!

Whew. Y'all, I'm tired tonight! Not like, no energy tired, just its-been-a-long-day tired. Mondays always seem long, don't they? It was a 7250 step day at work, so that would have been about enough, but I still went to the grocery and the pet store, came home, walked le pooch, worked out, warmed up some dinner (see below), did about a half hour's worth of work, made cabbage soup (way, way tastier than it sounds!), made new prosciutto quiches, showered waxed my eyebrows, endured a terrifying minute when I thought I'd broken my microwave, blow-dryed my hair... and now it's blog writing time.

I'm wondering if my hormones will ever adjust to the point that I feel rested in the morning. Every morning it's a knock- down drag me out of bed fight. In "It Starts With Food" Dallas and Melissa assert that changing your hormones (by way of food) will change that- so far, no different if you ask me.

Other than that, i feel pretty good. Plenty of energy, and I'm pretty focused, too. I'm working hard on my focus at work, and it seems to be pretty good right now. My joints also seem to be easing up. A lot of you know that I suffer from lots of joint pain- but today, even with all of the rain, I really felt pretty  good.

But today, for just about the first time, really, a craving struck. Just before lunchtime, I managed to think about pizza. I adore pizza. Pizza is everything junk food should be: greasy-cheesy-doughy-gooet-sociable-good-for-any-meal-with-pretty-much-anything-on-it food. It wasn't all that bad, but I did have to stop myself from thinking about ways to make technically approved pizza. While I'm sure I could come up with something sort of approximating pizza, I'm also sure it would be unsatisfying at best, and defeat the point of the whole30 experiment. After work , at the grocery, I was starting to get fairly hungry, and boy oh boy did jerky sound good! I even looked at a couple packages. SO FULL OF PRESERVATIVES. I put them back and staunchly ignored the chocolate bars.

On the other hand, I'm almost wondering if I'm doing something wrong. It seems so much easier than I thought it would be. I'm not cranky, I have no carb-flu, the cravings are light-moderate AT WORST, and really, I'm not missing any of the foods I'm not eating too badly. I wish I could have crackers or something for the crunch mostly- it's different from a veggie crunch. BUt I'm not too upset about any of it. It feels like this should be more difficult, doesn't it? This first week is ssupposed to be the hardest part...?

Oh well, definitely not complaining. Here's the food log:

Meal 1: Half of the smoothie from yesterday (kale, orange, grapefruit, mango), and one egg cup

Meal 2: Leftovers consisting of the last pork patty, cabbage steak and a few roasted sunchokes, and a small scoop of yesterday's coleslaw. A few strawberries.

snack: 3 baby carrots from the sample stand at the grocery

Meal 3: leftovers from yesterday, consisting of turkey breast meat, leftover sunchoke mash and a small salad with lettuce, mushrooms and a serving of pitted green olives

Is it against the rules to calorie count? I can't remember. I'll look it up and let you know, but

until next time~
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. You get more done on your tired days than I do in a week! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete