Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Whole30 Day one: GO!

Well, I think it is safe to say I made it. I feel pretty good, had plenty of energy, and I wasn't even very hungry!

Today's meals:

Meal 1: 2 muffin sized quiches with prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms, egg, olives and cherry tomatoes

morning snack: banana ( I know it says not to eat fruit alone, but, well, I wasn't hungry for more.)

Meal 2: salad with two different lettuces, half an avocado, mushrooms, lemon juice 2 hardboiled eggs with a little lemon juice squeezed on top, a few strawberries.

Meal 3: This is where it got tricky. I ended up having to work until after 7, and my co workers (and I) were very hungry. So we ordered Jimmy Johns. Here's what I got. A vegetarian unwhich (lettuce wrap) with: avocado spread, tomato, cucumber, onion and bean sprouts. Also a pickle. I wanted meat for protein pretty badly, but I've already learned that deli meats come with a LOT of forbidden additives- everything from sugar to carageenan to MSG to who knows what else. So I opted for no meat. Although it was a bit like (another) salad, it was tasty. But it wasn't super filling. And so...

Meal 4: Since I didn't cook "dinner" tonight (my primary source of lunches because I don't halve recipes) I needed something to take for tomorrow- and after two salads today I was ready to skip on that tomorrow. So I baked a large chicken breast and cut up 3-4 sunchokes to roast. I ate about half of that this evening after my walk with Penelope (my furbaby) and the two sets of bodyweight exercises.

Honestly, I kind of forgot a few times that I had started today. I didn't crave anything, or feel weird, or have digestive issues. I'm pretty achy today, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so that's not surprising. All in all, I had a nice (if very busy) day at work, and I felt like my body was fueled and up for it. Success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment