Sunday, April 19, 2015

Whole30 Day 19: Fender bender

You guys. I'm so disappointed in myself. SO mad. But let me start from the beginning.

The weather is not very pretty today, but I had plenty of indoor work to do, so I didn't complain. Penelope and I slept until 8:30, went for a walk, had breakfast and I showered. Then I set about food prepping and cleaning up. I spent most of the day doing that, but then I changed, got my stuff rounded up and Penelope and I went to my rehearsal. I got into town (the theatre is about 30 minutes north of me) and realized I was hungry- I had thought I wasn't. So I stopped at Kroger and got some fresh fruit and veg at the salad bar. Decided I wanted a tonic water, and grabbed one with white grape flavor. Got to rehearsal, ate my snack, got halfway through rehearsal... my belly is feeling kind of weird. It's hard to describe. Not painful, exactly. Not bloated, exactly. Just uncomfortable. Then I realized: I FORGOT TO CHECK THE INGREDIENTS ON THE WATER!!!

Sure enough, the last ingredient on the bottle is Sucralose. I didn't even think about it! Tonic water my behind! That's soda at that point, y'all. I only drank a small amount of it, and of course didn't finish it. But doggone it! I was doing so well...

Other than that, though, I feel pretty good. Some digestional distress, but it's ladytime, so that's pretty normal for me.

Food log:

Meal 1: 2 fried eggs & grapefruit

Meal 2: leftover rainbow trout with sunchokes and grapes

Meal 3: hard boiled eggs, pinepple, strawberries, grapes, raspberries & blackberries and carrots (small amounts of each fruit!) And the dreaded "tonic" water. Bah.

Better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment