Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Whole30 Day 7: Follow the pace car

Hi friends!

It was a really pretty great day. Steady-type busy at work, then a whirlwind evening. Penelope and I went to the park and walked around (potentially wrecking a pair of my shoes, but oh well.)

We're headed into week two already! Woo! Today I could tell boredom was starting to set in. Like, great, got it, eat healthy... I'm not really craving, I'm just bored with food. That means, I'm sure, that it's time to spice it up somehow, so I'll work on that! I'm really afraid that forgetting about my whole30 will wreck it. So far, though, so good.

An interesting thing happened this evening. I got some good news, and immediately, I wanted to celebrate... with food. A milkshake, an order of breadsticks, some Arby's curly fries. And that got me wondering... why is that? My family never did a lot of that growing up. I was always jealous of my friends who got to go out for ice cream after every concert, sports game and sometimes just because. We didn't eat out much at all, and very, very, VERY rarely went somewhere for dessert. So it wasn't there. But somewhere along the line, I learned that a celebration means a treat, which means food. Interesting. I'm going to try to save the well deserved treat and come up with something small and non-food. I did buy myself a small reward for making it through Week One: A nut milk bag. I'm soaking some almonds right now, so they'll be ready tomorrow evening- I'm very curious. Since I'm allergic to coconuts, being able to add almond milk back in will give me a lot of options to play with!

I had trouble getting to sleep last night, so I was tired today, but otherwise, felt pretty good. Only a small amount of soreness and aches, relatively good, solid energy levels, good mood. Here's the food log:

Meal One: Half a green smoothie made of kale, mango & banana, one egg quiche cup

Meal Two: Leftover turkey, sunchoke and potato mash, coleslaw

Meal Three: bowl of hamburger-cabbage soup, handful almonds

Reward snack: 6 or seven fresh strawberries

You know what else I'm noticing? I'm not eating as much. I used to eat breakfast, then need a 10:00 snack, eat lunch, need a 2:00 snack, eat dinner (or a 5:00 snack), and munch on something before bed. But now I'm only eating small, healthy meals and I'm not hungry in between (too much). I'm getting behind on my CSA, in fact, so I definitely need to get some things cooked up and frozen this weekend. I also want to cook up a pound or so of some meat so I can use it as a salad topping- help me eat those vegetables up!

Until next time~
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment