Monday, August 15, 2011

purging and packing

I spent an hour today going through my toiletries and trying (and failing) to get them all into one container for their move to the apartment in 3 weeks. We're close. It depends a lot on your definition of "Toiletries". If you count two curling irons, the curlers, the flat iron and the hair dryer... No, we're not close. It's frustrating.

However, I did manage to throw some things away, and every piece thrown out is one I don't have to move. The more the merrier. The packing will have to begin in earnest soon. I'm running out of "easy" trips to make.

I hate to admit it, but I think the craft drawers are going on Wednesday. The sewing machine and box are already there... and I already miss them. But the reality is, I'm not going to really make good use of them until school starts, and the thing about moving is... all of your stuff ends up in the new place eventually. Better the crafts than your clothes!

Luckily, once it is there, I may get to purge my craft drawers. I'm working on a project which requires a BIG pillow. it's the cushion for my papasan chair frame, and the pillow is massive. I bought 2 and a half yards of fabric, and used almost every inch. The Chair. is. big. But anyway, I'm planning on stuffing the pillow at least part of the way with fabric scraps. I think it'll give the pillow some nice weight, in addition to keeping me from buying nasty plastic, petroleum based pillow stuffing, or the bamboo, stuff, which I really can't afford.  And so, that being true, I will get to go through my fabric scrap stash, and use whatever is small enough or goofed up enough and stuff it into the pillow.

Along with a couple of dead bodies. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment