Monday, August 29, 2011

90 day challenge prep: part 1

Hey all!

I'm really looking forward to starting my 90 day fitness challenge this weekend, so to get ready, I'm posting a few things throughout the week! The focus of today's post is

(drumroll please)


Setting Goals!

I've found that this is a really important step for me, so that's what I'm starting with. So! I want to actually start with a disclaimer. This is not a weight loss program designed for me or anyone else. I am doing this on my own, without any help.

This is also not about losing weight for me, not really. It is about getting healthy and improving my exercise and general level of fitness. Should that result in weight loss, I certainly won't complain, but it is more important to me to be healthy (at this point) than it is to be super slim.

So, with that in mind, here are some of my goals, and the questions I'm asking myself.

Where am I in my weight loss right now?
I would say I'm about halfway to my ideal goal. Since I started down this road, I've lost about 30 pounds, and come down about 5 pants sizes. My goal is to start to tone up and lose another 1-2 pants sizes.

Where do I see myself in three years? 18 months? 6 months? At the end of this 90 days?
In three years, I'd like to be maintaining myself at my ideal pants size, which is a 6 or 8. I'd also like to be pleased with my eating habits, and maintaining a very active, healthy lifestyle. In 18 months, I'd like to buy a size 6 dress- and fit into it. In 6 months, I'd like to be looking at size 8 pants. And at the end of 90 days,  my biggest goal is that my "skinny jeans", which are currently about a half a size small on me, will be baggy by the time we are done.  (By half a size small, I mean that I still wear them, but with things that cover the muffin top.)


So, my goals:

1. Baggy "skinny jeans" in 90 days.

2. Institute healthier eating and exercise habits

3. Start toning my body, not just losing inches, but showing some definition.

4. 3 year goal: maintaining a 6/8 and healthy lifestyle
    18 month goal: buy a size 6
      6 month goal: buy size 8 pants
   

*** here's why you'll never hear me talk number of pounds***
       1.  I can't bring myself to be that transparent on the internet.
       2. I don't own a scale, making it difficult to get weight measurements
       3. I'm very muscular for my size, and I look about 40 or more pounds lighter than I actually am.    There fore, I don't use pounds as a way of measuring progress


Joining in? Write down your goals, or share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment