Tuesday, August 30, 2011

90 day challenge prep: part 2

Today's post is on: Staying Motivated. We all know how it goes. You start out great on a new fitness plan, you go to the gym for three or four days, and then, you're just so tired... you go home, eat an entire box of Oreos, and feel like a failure.

So, as I get ready to start my 90 Day Challenge, here are some ideas I have on how to keep myself motivated:


Countdown Paper Chains- this weekend, I'm going to make one of those paper garlands with 90 loops. If you've never made one before, you cut strips of paper about 6-8 inches long by about an inch, and you tape loops by connecting them through each other to make a chain. I'm gonna make one loop for each day so I can tear one off before bed. So as the chain gets shorter, I'll be feeling great!

Countdown Calendar- a similar idea, but you simply write 1-90 on spereate pages, and rip off one number day every evening.

Wallet sign- I'm gonna make a business card-sized sign that says 90 day challenge on it, and put it in my wallet, then, when I get a craving for fast food, or ice cream, or something else, I'll see that before i pay for it and go, nope. I'm challenging myself to be better.

Fridge Sign- same idea, but for the refrigerator!

Diary-this one I'm not good at, but I know it helps a lot of people. Writing down evrything you eat and keeping track that way can be a good thing!

This challenge is not about being perfect. We're human, we will fail, we will eat Oreos and skip days at the gym. But we can accept those little failings, and continue to make small changes- and THEN the weight will come off!


No comments:

Post a Comment