Saturday, May 16, 2015

Paleo Pancakes

Hello everyone!

What a week, eh?

Just a brief check in, then. Adding gluten back in is hard. A lot of sugar comes with it, both are very addicting. And boy, have I felt sick a couple of times. Just lessons.

In some ways, I'm kind of glad to have felt sick- it's good to know that my insides have changed a lot by doing this.

I lost another two pounds this week! I won't measure myself again until the first week of June, but jeans that were tight a month ago are sliding on my hips, so things are a-changin'!

But tonight? Tonight I had breakfast for dinner. Is there anything better? I mean, on a rainy evening, there's something about pancakes and bacon that is just so... familiar. A little bit of orange juice, a season finale to watch...

Now, pancakes in any form are strictly outlawed on the whole30. The Hartwigs reason that "paleo treats" are still not good for your emotional relationship with food, so there's none of that stuff allowed. But these were completely paleo, very easy, took no more time than regular pancakes AND I could eat a big huge stack of them and not feel bloated or sleepy afterward. Safe to say this is a keeper- and is a great recipe if you've got guests for the weekend or whatever.

I will say, I'm not a huge syrup fan, so I don't have any. These are sweeter than normal pancakes, so I absolutely didn't miss it at all. But they would be good with a little maple syrup. I bet they would also be awesome with mix ins, like chocolate chips, chopped nuts or even blueberries.  SO, the recipe, eh?



PALEO PANCAKES:
-2 ripe bananas
-4 whole eggs
-cinnamon (I didn't measure, but I bet it was somewhere between a 1/2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp.

Mix all ingredients together. (I used my mixer but you could probably use a blender too). The smoother the better, but they don't have to be perfect. Grease a griddle. I made my bacon first, so I used the same pan and used the bacon grease. Ghee (or regular butter!) would be a good choice too. Then, using a ladle or a small measuring cup, just pour small amounts on your hot griddle. These cook more quickly than regular pancakes, so be careful! I think the heat might've been a little high for me, as they got brown pretty quickly but were a little gooey in the middle (which tasted great to me, but tastes differ!).  Flip once, after the edges start to get round and big bubbles start popping on top.

Serve with a side of bacon, or whatever breakfast treats you like best!

These tasted really wonderful. They do have a banana flavor to them- but it was almost like fresh banana bread or something. And warm, gooey, sweet like pancakes should be!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment