Thursday, May 7, 2015

After Whole30: Dairy

Hello, all!

It's another hot night here. The fan has helped a lot, but there's not denying it, it's warm. Ah, well.

Today was a pretty great day. Things got a little hectic at work (we have quite a few orders coming in right now), but nothing too terrible. Then I came home, walked Penelope, and leaving her at home because of the heat, ran an errand, ate my dinner and went to rehearsal. Rehearsal was a touch up, but it was fine. Then I came home, walked Penelope again and crawled into bed. Whew!

I have to admit, I am looking forward to having all of my work evenings back. I am LOVING being on stage again, but man, I just can't get enough stuff done in the evenings! Cleaning, sewing projects, house projects... I have the energy, just not enough time!

Hey, by the way, if you're a local adult reader, come see Tick...Tick... BOOM at Troy Civic Theatre, May 22-24 and 29-30. It's gonna be a good time, and I'll be there. Win-win.

So today was dairy! I woke up late, grabbed breakfast and ran out the door. I ended up going out to get lunch because I knew what I had was not going to keep me full all afternoon. Then I bought dinner while I was out running an errand. I feel pretty good. I got a little nauseous while I was actually eating the dairy, but just a tiny amount that COULD be tied to over thinking about it.

I still felt very energetic. I do feel a little bloated and fat tonight. I keep having to remind myself that I've lost SIXTY POUNDS in the last year. Sometimes I don't think I've changed at all. I seem to still be fairly regular, but I'll be interested to see if that shifts over the next couple days.

FOOD today:

Meal 1: Apple cinnamon breakfast porridge & about 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt. The yogurt tasted good if kind of unfamiliar. My stomach seemed fine, although I noticed some slight gastrointestinal motion.

Meal 2: Wendy's Apple Pecan Salad and a baked potato with chives and sour cream. This was also the most sugar I've had since starting this. The salad had feta crumbles on it. It was delicious, although the sweetened pecans were like candy. The baked potato was... ok. The butter spread stuff had a funny aftertaste. It was very sweet, almost like melted ice cream or something

Meal 3: Paleo Lincoln Specials: I bought a snack thingy that had baby carrots, broccoli, a piece of cheese and some almonds in it and munched on that. I also got one that had roasted turkey, monterey jack and more almonds. I brought a pear from home.
The cheese tasted... weird. VERY salty, for one. And the texture was weird... I never noticed how greasy cheese could be before. And some of the almonds had some kind of smoky, salty flavor to them which was a little weird. Overall, the baby carrots were the best part. Sweet and crunchy!

Snack: I bought oreo ice cream sandwiches on my errand. I shared them with my cast mates. I realized as I was walking out of the store that I shouldn't eat a giant oreo yet because of the gluten, and then promptly decided I was going to anyway. It was very tasty. I mean, absolutely delightful. But not as good as I'd been thinking it would be. I ate my one cookie sandwich and I was totally satisfied. In fact I was kind of done with it before I finished it. Interesting- I've never had enough ice cream EVER. Even when I got sick from it. I'm very curious to see how I do with some of my favorite ice creams.

Hopefully all's well and dairy can continue to be included in my diet... as a treat!
Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment