Wednesday, May 6, 2015

After Whole30: thoughts and impressions

What a day! This heat! I hope we're not looking at four solid months of this!

Today was my first solo day at work! I kept myself pretty busy and we got an order right at the end of the day! So I'll ship that out tomorrow. I listened to a few podcasts and got my latest book from Audible. I think it's going to be just fine for a few weeks.

After work, I met my brother for dinner in a park. We went for a long walk (Penelope came too), chatted about a lot of different things, and generally had a lovely evening. On the way home, we stopped for a fan at Target. It had cooled down a lot, and I left windows down for Penelope (no, I'm NOT that guy)

I've got the fan plugged in and running in the bedroom, and let me tell you, it has already made a WORLD of difference. I mean, seriously, it is pleasant in here. Touch noisy... but I don't even care about that. Not. Hot. Thank heaven!

I felt really good today, and I'm wondering how much of it had to do with my kind of simple meat and veggies meal last night (and for lunch) plenty of protein, some greens... and I have plenty of energy and I'm in a really good mood. Interesting to say the least!

Meal one: 2 fried eggs and an apple

Meal two: leftover steak and sauteed veggies

snack: couple handfuls mixed nuts

Meal 3: Hot head special! salad, pork, pico de gallo, guacamole!

Now that I'm essentially done with this process, I've been thinking a lot about it. The whole30 taught me a lot about myself and my relationship with food. It taught me about how I reward myself with sweets. It taught me that I don't need to. It taught me so much about the additives in foods, I can't even tell you. To always, ALWAYS check ingredients labels because ANYTHING is possible. It reawakened my love of and passion for health and fitness. It brought back some goals I had buried really deep and rejuvenated them. I have loved this experience. I honestly believe everyone should try it at some point. It will teach you so many things about yourself, about food, about the people you know and love and tolerate. And about your body and what it needs to run effectively.

My plan after I'm officially done with this program next week is to continue to eat this way (although probably not quite as strictly). My plan is to eat about 90% paleo/whole30 compliant, as I hope to stay healthy and continue to lose weight. I think that is totally sustainable for me at this point. Yes, I will continue to eat some treats! After all, life is for living! However, I am confident now in my ability to limit them to occasional treats, instead of "deserving" a donut for showing up to work, or "needing" some ice cream after a long day.

In any case, I think the whole30 is something I will come back to again and again when I need a boost in my health or results, which is nice to know I have, just back here on the back burner.
Ok, I'm babbling...

Tomorrow is dairy day! Wish me luck!
Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment