Tuesday, May 5, 2015

After Whole30: Grain recovery part one

I'm gonna need a fan. Stat. What happened to spring?! Seriously, if anyone has an extra little window fan thingy-ma-bob... you know, the flat ones that sit in front of the window and suck in the outside, supposedly cooler air and blow it in the room so you don't melt? That'd be great. Even Penelope is hot.

ANYWHO: Today was a back on plan eating day so I could work through yesterday's non-gluten grains.

I felt pretty good for the most part. REALLY tired. The cat woke me up at 5:30, so when my alarm went off at 6:15, I must've just been back in a deeper sleep cycle. Work was fine, although I need to continue to work on focusing! After work I came home, walked Penny, made some dinner, pulled some costume things together for my show and went to rehearsal. Rehearsals are going well. When I got home, Penelope and I walked and now we're in bed. Warm.

The only other thing I'm noticing is that I feel "fat" today. It's not like I really feel that bloated, I don't think... just mentally fat, I guess. Probably the heat isn't helping that either!
And the tank top I wore to rehearsal tonight was not my best choice. On the upswing, I don't feel like I really had leftover grain hangover today, which means that I can feel ok about eating some of that now and then.

I'm also having some other, non related to food choices and rather personal health issues, and at times that messes with my perceptions (and occasionally reality)SO! Food today!

Meal 1: 2 fried eggs and an orange. AND MAN WAS THAT ORANGE SWEET.

Meal 2: Cabbage Hamburger soup and a grapefruit

Meal 3: steak on a bed of spinach with zucchini & yellow squash medallions. This was nom. And quick, incredibly filling, and a really great example of a whole30 meal. I was pretty proud of it.

I really wanted to stop for a box of fruit-sicles on my way to rehearsal, but I resisted. 2 more days until ice cream!

Until next time~
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment