Sunday, May 10, 2015

After Whole30: Weekend update

Happy Mother's Day, all! I hope you had wonderful days celebrating the amazing women in your life, whoever they are to you.

It was a great, if all too short, weekend. Saturday I started Mary Poppins fittings, which were fun and are off to a good start, I think. I went to the grocery,took a nap, tidied up a bit and got my season's worth of show posters hung up in my front hallway. Today I went and spent the afternoon with my momma and grandmother and other family, and then had a grand rehearsal for the show- it's opening SO SOON! Come see it. Tick Tick Boom at Troy Civic Theatre, opening May 22, 2015. Then Penelope and I came home and I finished getting the apartment cleaned up and ready for another work week. Whew!

Penelope had an upset tummy this afternoon. She's also completely worn out from playing at gramma's today, so I'm hoping it will pass- she's been going back and forth between the bed and the couch for hours now. But I did get her to eat a cookie when I offered (on the second try). I'm sure it's nothing.

I, on the other hand, feel pretty good. Eating was decent this weekend, not 100% clean, but pretty good. I NEED to drink more water, I'm sure of that. Other than that, though, I'm pretty good. I am noticing a little bit of irregularity, but nothing too hard to manage.

Let's see, food logs:


Meal 1: apple cinnamon porridge
Meal 2: brown rice sushi sampler
Meal 3: Leftover chicken thigh and veggies

I did take a nap on Saturday afternoon, but it was more to treat myself than because I was feeling low energy. Other than that, it was a pretty solid day all the way around. Plenty of mental clarity, which was great considering I had four hours of fittings in the morning!

Meal 1: grapes and plain yogurt
Meal 2: salmon patty stuffed with crab mixture stuff of some kind, green beans, sweet potato fries, fresh fruit, greens and a quarter glass of wine. It definitely wasn't enough to do anything to me.
Meal 3: I stopped at Panera! And I got a Turkey avocado BLT, which did have some mayo on it and was served on sourdough bread. I also ate the chips. It was gluten day after all.

I will say, the gluten didn't really seem to bother my stomach, but I felt REALLY full before I even got half the sandwich down. By the time I finished it, I really felt stuffed, but about 15-20 minutes later, I was very comfortable again. Interesting, at least.  I amy have some more gluten tomorrow before giving myself a few days off of it to see how I do.

Alright, I'm off to dream land!
Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment