Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weekly Fitness Check In

Hey everybody!

Remember when I decided to get in a real shape and get skinny? I have an update:

It is WORKING!

I am pleased to report that I have lost (drumroll please!)



NINE pounds this week.

That's right. NINE. As in not five, not seven, but NINE.

I am so encouraged. Curious? Let's chat about it.
Firstly, I have cut pop. I'm not perfect yet, but I am doing much better about drinking Soda. I have switched to coffee, but I'm not drinking pop.
I have also upped my water intake. I'm trying to get up to 72 oz. a day. Right now I'm at about 48-50 oz., which I feel good about. 
I've also (almost) stopped eating out, and when I do eat out, I try to opt for healthier options.
I've started a morning core regiment. Every morning, first thing, I start my body by working on it. It changes occasionally, but typically, it includes crunches, reverse crunches, burpees (my new favorite) and a bicycle crunch. The first two days were agony- but it is getting easier! 

I've taken up Yoga - which is WAY harder than I thought it would be. I really like it so far, though. I'm starting a Yoga Sculpt class tomorrow, which I'm both nervous and excited for. 

I've also gone to the gym several nights in the last week. This is the hardest one. So busy. So way too busy that by the time I get home at night, I am EXHAUSTED. I'm working on it though. 

But regardless of the shortcomings of my week, I lost nine pounds! I'm so excited! Stay tuned as I move forward on this journey- it's gonna get good!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment