Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, new me, new you

Hi loves-

I know I'm a titch late on the New Year's post, but well, you know, timeliness. Ah well.

Tonight, I just wanted to take a second and ruminate on how 2012 will be different for me. I want to really focus on me this year, so I thought I'd start here. Firstly, there's my new commitment to physical health and fitness, and finally shedding the last of the weight. I'd like to post here every Wednesday on that. Just to keep myself accountable, and to support those of you that might choose to make this journey with me.

I'm also really committing to simplification. Making my own. Eating well. Paying Cash. Believing in love. Letting it go. Realizing how BIG the universe is. To start the ball rolling on that one, this month I'm pleased to present:

A Very Simple Bathroom Redecoration!

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start updating and changing my bathroom so that it is prettier, cleaner, Greener, simpler and more, well, me.

The best part? I guarantee it will cost less than $50. I'm aiming for less than $20. So keep your eyes open for that one! 

And then, we move onto my closet, which is a never ending source of problem in my life.

At the same time, I need to start building a dress for my sister in April. And I'm doing a show, starting a second one and going on tour. 

Hahaha, a simpler year?

Yes.

I hope you'll continue to read a long as I follow this crazy road to see where it goes. To close tonight, I'd like to share a very familiar poem- one of my all time favorites. I'm choosing to follow the road less traveled, and that is making all the difference.

 Two Roads diverged in a yellow wood,                                   

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;       
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,       
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.-Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment