Monday, September 5, 2011

tomorrow's the day!

Tomorrow is my last first day of school. I'd love to wax emotional and regale you with stories from my childhood, or talk about how much I've enjoyed college, or how much I think I will miss it eventually. But I don't believe in lying. So I won't.

As I head into my last first day of school, I'm a bit disappointed at how detached I feel from it. My boyfriend was asking me if I was excited (he is).. and the truth is, I'm not. Calm. Like it is nothing new. But not excited. Here are a few things I am excited about though!

I'm officially moved into my apartment! That's right, I'm snuggled in my bed as I type! The room is looking very good- not perfect yet, but very good!

I'm also really excited about riding my bike to class tomorrow. I got a basket for it tonight and it looks so CUTE!

The pillow for my papasan chair is coming along nicely. Still needs a good amount of stuffing, but we are getting very close.

My sister comes to visit in 12 days! That's VERY exciting!

I get to go to work tomorrow and see my grandmother- both blessings in my life.

I was getting clothes out tonight, and my size ten jeans are fitting GREAT! *happy pants dance*

So there. I'm not excited about school necessarily. But I am excited about parts of what that means. I like my routines, and I like the order that school brings to me.

So here's to one last year of school- and to living it more simply!

No comments:

Post a Comment