Friday, December 2, 2011

recipe: ham steak bake!

Sometimes, you guys, I have great ideas.

Today, I had one.

And it was so tasty!

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture, but I had to box it up and get to rehearsal. Anyway, here's what I remember of the recipe!

Charis's Potato and Ham Steak Bake
(Like all my recipes, it serves one!)


Ingredients:
1/4 large ham steak, defrosted
1 medium potato, scrubbed
1-2 carrots, peeled
1/3 white onion
olive oil
honey
salt
pepper
oregano
garlic powder
basil

1. Cut potato into slices, then halve.  Add Carrot, chopped into about bite size slices. Add to boiling water ( I used a medium sauce pan) Boil until they easily can be speared with a fork. (About 5-10 minutes)

2. While those are boiling, take olive oil, honey and spices and mix together in a 12x12 baking dish. I used about 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons honey, and liberal sprinklings of the spices.

3. Dip Ham steak into mixture, coating the outside. Set aside for a minute.

4. once veggies are done, put them in the baking dish. Using a big spoon, gently stir them until they all seem covered in the mixture. Add more oil or honey if you don't have enough. Dish should have some liquid left over. Add onion, in large pieces while stirring.

5. Nestle the ham steak into the middle of the dish, around and slightly under the veggies.

6. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until onions are getting translucent, and meat is cooked through.

Enjoy!

Time:
prep: 20 minutes
cook: 20-30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment