Sunday, June 17, 2012

Recipe: Black Raspberry & Mushroom Chutney

Hi everyone!

I made. The most. AMAZING dinner tonight. I'll get the picture edited in soon, buuuuuuut here's the recipe. For the record, I had a grilled chicken breast, fresh sauteed green beans, organic quinoa AND my own recipe: Black Raspberry and mushroom chutney. I'm sharing the recipe below:

Charis's Black Raspberry & Mushroom Chutney

Ingredients:
4 medium sized button mushrooms
2-3 handfuls fresh black raspberries
some red onion- I used about a quarter of the amount of mushrooms
3 fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 capfuls lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons water

1. Chop mushrooms and onion finely, place in skillet. Add raspberries, whole, to skillet.
2. Chop basil and add to skillet
3. add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet
4. put the skillet on high heat. Stir ingredients together, mashing the raspberries with your spoon or spatula, while waiting on the liquid to come to a boil.
5. Once liquid is boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to cook until all liquid is cooked away.

That's it! Suuuuuuper easy! And SO delicious- sweet and savory and great on chicken!

If you try it, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment